The tuna avocado roll is a simple outside thin roll.This roll has many names to it and it is difficult to validate its origin.
Tuna Avocado Roll Ingredients:
- Mix the tuna with the mayonnaise, and stir in the Sriracha sauce to taste.
- Spread the rice in a very thin layer onto the sheet of nori. Leave about a 1/2-inch border on 1 long side and a 1-inch border on the other long side.
- Spread the mix onto the rice.
- Lay the cucumber spear along the closest rice edge.
- Line up the avocado slices along the opposite edge of the rice.
- Starting at the cucumber edge, carefully roll up the sushi. Use a little water to seal the outer seam.
- Cut in half if desired, and serve with soy sauce for dipping if you like.
Rolling maki (sushi rolls) for the first time can be a bit of a challenge. Too loose, and the rolls are sloppy and won’t stick together. Too tight, and the fillings get squeezed out of the ends, or your delicate sheets of nori rip apart. Nevertheless, it won’t take more than a little bit of trial and error before you’re rolling your very own homemade roll with the confidence of a sushi master.